Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hocus Pocus

This week's Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge was to make something Halloween-y based on the movie "Hocus Pocus." I've never seen this movie but the responses I've seen about it made me put it in my Netflix queue. Too bad it isn't available to "play now"...

It is funny, or not, depending on how you look at it...Halloween, though not even here yet, feels over! Being a cardmaker, I'm pretty much at least one holiday ahead of the one that is closest, lol. I think I finished my Halloween cards in early September and have moved on to Christmas - full speed ahead!!

My challenge within a challenge was to make a Halloween card out of whatever was still out in the scrap pile - not allowed to pull out anything that had been put away for the year. Luckily I had a sentiment stamp set out that had a Happy Halloween greeting and one set that has fall leaves/Halloween images. The rest of the card is a hodge podge of paper scraps and cute stamped images. I'm really happy with how it came out and look forward to making a bunch of cards from the scrap pile. That will be my own personal challenge from now on!
Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado
Ink - PTI
Paper - SU!, DCWV, Paper Source
Punch - Fiskars

4 comments:

  1. Love this card and the border punch is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the mix of "hodge podge" left overs is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to use scraps! you should get extra points for that. Love this card. I like the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool!!! LOVe the colors that you used and totally an inspiration to me to use up my scraps!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday!!! Hope that you had a fun Halloween!
    Best wishes!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design