Sunday, November 14, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Today I have two cards to share with you inspired by the Tuesday Trigger photograph over at Moxie Fab World.
Ay yi yi - do you ever have something so perfect in your mind that just doesn't translate on to paper? Well, this first card was just that. If it was a "flop", why am I showing it to you? Well, because it has grown on me a bit and I think I'm starting to like it some more. And, perhaps as some kind of inspiration to try, try again? :) I'm definitely going to try this technique again and hope it will turn out better next time.

I'd never inked up my lily of the valley set and since those were our special wedding flowers, knew they'd mean a lot to my mother in law (her birthday is coming up and I wanted to make her a special card.) I decided to stamp over a page from a vintage book (French, c 1920! Man, did I think twice about tearing that page out!!) I clear embossed the flower image and sponged on ink for the leaves and flowers. The big problem is that the text was way too bold and you definitely see more of the text than the flowers. I used some Stickles to outline the flowers to try to make them stand out a bit more but to not great avail.

Anyway, I went a different route for the second card pretty much straight stamping of the flower images, a bit of scissor work, and a cute vintage button.

Supplies Card 1: Stamps - Year of Flowers: Lily of the Valley (PTI), Big Wish (Verve), Ink - Dusty Durango, Garden Green, Whisper White (Craft) (SU!), Versamark, Card Stock - Gold Shimmer (PTI), Dusty Durango (SU!), Vintage Book Page, Filigree Embossing Powder (PTI)

Supplies Card 2: Stamps - Beautiful Blossoms II, Turning a New Leaf (PTI), Big Wish (Verve), Ink - Dusty Durango, Old Olive, Yoyo Yellow, Cameo Coral (SU!), Card Stock - Dusty Durango, Confetti (SU!), Gold Shimmer (PTI), Edge Punch (Fiskars), Foam Squares, Vintage Button (eBay)


2 comments:

  1. I like your lily of the valley card, Jen. And I understand your thoughts on the 'translation'. The flowers have that ethereal quality true to the nature of the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen! What pretty approaches to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design