Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bee Happy

Today I'm sharing a card I made for the Waltzingmouse SOAP CASE competition - and who besides me thinks that is a lot acronym for one post?! :)

As you may know, Waltzingmouse is moving to a bi-monthly release schedule giving us a lot more time to play with our new goodies before the next release. Part of this off month's festivities included a parade of new March release goodness, a review of an "oldie", Spring Baskets, and a little CASE competition. I decided to CASE this lovely card by DT member Jennifer Holmes -
I fell in love with this design the minute I saw it - the pretty yellows on the kraft were such a nice pop of color! Since I don't sew, I decided to add a few little bees to the edges of the card base instead of stitching.

The competition closes Sunday so there's still lots of time to participate! Have fun and thanks for visiting!

Supplies: Stamps - Spring Baskets, Holiday Labels 14 (WMS), DP - Kioshi Collection (Basic Gray), Card Stock - Crumb Cake (SU!), Vintage Cream (PTI), Ink - Basic Black, Barely Banana (SU!), Cuttlebug, Labels 14 Die (Spellbinders), Foam Squares, Copic Markers, Ribbon (Crafta)

9 comments:

  1. Jen - this is just so cute! I love the bright, spring colours and those bees are just so adorable!!

    As for the acronym - I've studied with the OU (Open University) and they have millions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so adorable. Love the spring time fun and those little bees. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Love how your bees scattered to the edge of the card!! too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little card with the bees! I love the yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is soooo cute! Love it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Those little bees just make me smile. Love that you used Labels 14 - one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that! I like the special touches you added (bees around edge). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great CASE Jen! I love those cute little bees!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute project Jen! Love the bees buzzin' about!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design