Saturday, April 16, 2011

Best Wishes

Happy Saturday, friends!! What do you all have planned for the weekend? Tomorrow I am going to a "Pie in a Jar" class with a couple of girlfriends - should be fun! We're learning how to put all ingredients in a canning jar which is used to store and bake the crust pie! I'm skeptical but it sounds like a lot of fun! Anyway, on to Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #43 and this fun sketch - I love this sketch and can't wait to see what you all come up with! I think it can be elegant or casual, frilly or simple! I chose to go frill-free this week and dusted off my Free Spirit-Boy set to give it some love! I stamped this Tim Holtz tag three times with a sentiment from Fancy Phrases in some tropcial colors and added two sets of hibiscus that I colored with my Copics. I shabbied up some tropical-themed paper as a background and adhered the label and flowers with foam squares. I had a lot of fun with the interior of the card using the surf board images from Free Spirit-Boy and a bit of kraft card stock that acted as my sand. For the background, I used the top of the piece of dp that had the palm trees on it. Fun Hawaiian sunset, right? I hope you can play along with us Michief Makers this week and don't forget to link up your creations by next Friday! There are prizes for participants and Top Mouse awards to be had!

Supplies: Stamps - Free Spirit - Boy, Fancy Phrases (WMS), DP - Travel Stack (DCWV), Card Stock - Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Confetti Kraft (SU!), Ink - Real Red, Only Orange, Yo Yo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Large Ticket (Tim Holtz), Foam Squares

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!

    Happy Saturday to you as well! And you have made it a tropical one! I love this card! It's so sunny! And it even has a truly gorgeous inside, wouldn't know which side to display, hi hi. Pie in a jar? That sounds funny! Will you come home with a pie in a jar? Dontake a photo, please, I'm curious! Wishing you a lot of fun!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran right over to see the inside, sooo cool, Jen! I love this rustic beach look, reminds me of the Ron Jon Surf Shop in New Jersey! Excellent coloring on the flowers, and love the ticket sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, makes me want to fly away on a jet plane to somewhere outrageously hot and sandy! Love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tropical design on this Jen! what wonderful coloring on your flowers - and the 'beach' inside is super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully designed Jen, love your perfect little details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jen - this is wonderful...the inside is just as imaginative and pretty as the outside. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen!!! WOW!! this card is just summer in anutshell, gorgeous colouring and fabby details!! A stunner!!! Thank you so much!! and the Inside....just fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Jen! Love the tropical island feel :) This belongs in a Hawaiian resort gift shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super COOL! Your card couldn't get any better! Every detail is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so much fun, Jen! You did a gorgeous job coloring the flowers. And the inside is fantastic! Ok, I'm officially longing for Hawaii right now - wish it wasn't such a long ride from where I am. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design