Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Blessings

Happy Wednesday, friends! Today I'm excited to share with you my reveal for Papercraft Star's Earth Day Challenge! This week the challenge is to include a recycled or re-purposed item in your projects and I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Re purposing items for my cards is something I do all the time! A scrap of wrapping paper and a smidgen of ribbon from gift packaging never ends up in our trash can and always ends up in my craft stash! For this Easter card, I used a scrap of polka dot wrapping paper for the background and a vintage postcard as my main image. I took the vintage feel a bit further by attaching black photo corners to the postcard. The card is finished off with a lovely sentiment and some satin ribbon.

Have fun and remember to link up your creations by Sunday and one of you will be a people's choice Papercraft Star!

Supplies: Stamps - Spring Baskets (WMS), DP (re purposed gift wrap), Vintage Postcard, Photo Corners (Michael's), Foam Squares, Ribbon (Crafta), Ink - Basic Black (SU!), Card Stock - Vintage Cream (PTI)


10 comments:

  1. So awesome that you used recycled wrapping paper. Awesome idea. And your project turned out absolutely beautiful. So perfect for Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the corners you used, they are so pretty and give the card just that bit extra! Very nice and love the style and the picture!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous vintage Easter card, those photo corners really make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope someone really special is getting this one, Jen !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet Jen, love the vintage image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That image is just adorable Jen! love those purple polka dots. Great ED project! Have a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, the vintage and the polka dot combination rock! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow; a gorgeous vintage Eater card. I love the addition of the photo vcorners; a perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That polka dot paper with the photo corners really makes that pretty vintage image stand out. I also always save ribbon from any packaging too. You just never know when you're going to need some for a crafty project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the vintage postcard you used on this beautifully composed card Jen...and what a great idea to reuse the ribbon... another GOREGOUS project from the very talented YOU!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design