Saturday, August 13, 2011

Christmas Greetings


Hi friends! While I'm getting nostalgic for summer as I feel it draw to a close, I'm getting excited about the upcoming holidays! There is nothing more fun than crafting Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas cards in my book! Today I have a holiday take on the latest sketch challenge over at Waltzingmouse!
I cut and stamped the topper and layered it above another gorgeous patterned paper from the Jovial collection. I then stamped two amazing ornaments from the Vintage Ornaments set, one in silver and one in gold, fussy cut them (before I remembered I had the dies, lol!), and added some gold glitter for a festive touch. I hung each from pretty silver twine and added a little bow for a finishing touch.

I sure hope you play along with us this week! Don't forget to use at least one image from Waltzingmouse (there are freebies in the store if you don't have any stamps yet...) and you can be chosen Top Mouse and/or win a set of your very own!

Supplies: Stamps - Vintage Ornaments, Compliments of the Season (WMS), DP - Jovial Collection (Basic Gray), Twine - Crafta, Ink - Basic Black (SU!), Silver, Gold (Encore), Scallop Punch (EK Success), Glitter Glue (Crayola)


7 comments:

  1. love the vintage-feel of this card. The large topper is a nice touch. I'll have to try this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors of your ornaments Jen! and the beautiful patterned paper behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gasped as soon as I saw it...
    love those papers...
    and the ornaments...
    it's gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a truly gorgeous festive card. Wonderful backing papers and fabulous luxury baubles! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,

    Love your christmas card! Maybe you can give me some tips, 'cause I'm not really good in making christmas cards and therefor I don't really think it's fun.. maybe you can teach me?! We only have christmas here, no thanksgiving and no halloween. You send cards to everyone for all three holidays? Wow! ;-D

    Wishing you a wonderful time!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO fun! I love those hanging ornaments. :)
    And I so agree with you....I'm sad about summer ending, but do love the upcoming holidays. I'm ready to decorate for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. I think that is rather genius of you to have those wonderful vintage ornaments strung from the drapey top panel of the sketch. As much as I enjoy making holiday cards, I am slow to get them underway. So thank you for the impetus to get a wriggle on. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design