Friday, April 27, 2012

Spread Your Wings


Hello friends!  Today I have a card to share that I made for this week's Tuesday Trigger over at the Moxie Fab World!  I took a layout class a couple of weekends ago taught by the fabulous Kelly Purkey where she taught me to fearlessly use spritz sprays - yikes!  Talk about out of my comfort zone.  Anyway, when I saw this fabulous photo, I decided to give it a try!  I thought the technique of the wet spritz was an interesting take on the watercolor look of the dress and I love the coral and pinks of the butterflies!
I started by using some butterfly stickers as a mask and then spritzed two colors of Mister Huey (Taxi and Boss Lady) over the whole white panel.  After it dried, I removed the stickers to reveal the silhouettes underneath.  Fun!  I finished the card with a sentiment and a few gems/pearls.

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies:  Mister Huey, Cardstock - Select White (PTI), Whisper White (SU!), Ink - Chocolate Chip (SU!), Gems/Pearls (Hero Arts), Butterfly Stickers (Studio Calico)

4 comments:

  1. This is perfect for the challenge inspiration. Lucky you to get to take a Kelly P. class, how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your interpretation of the photo, Jen! The misting is so light and airy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your take on the challenge!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove this, Jen! The spritzing is perfect for the butterfly scene! Very, very nice!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design