Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Waltzingmouse Stamps August Release - Day 1 Previews!

Hello friends and welcome to the first day of previews for the August release at Waltzingmouse Stamps!  I adore this release and just know you will, too!  In fact, the ideas for these stamp sets just keep coming and I'm having a hard time keeping up with them!  :)

What you'll be seeing previewed today are three nautical-themed sets, Safe Harbor, Ocean Bound, and Tying the Knot and I can't wait to show them to you!

For my first project, I used "Safe Harbor."  This set is jam packed with these wonderful stacked sentiments and a few small nautical images.  I immediately thought of scrimshaw and wanted to go with  a neutral palette.  I started off with a kraft base with a couple of coordinating patterned papers on top.  I stamped the top piece with one of the sentiments and two small boat images.  
For my second project, I used "Ocean Bound" and chose my theme when I just fell in love with the "Oh the places you'll go" sentiment!  As I've mentioned here recently, it is baby central in our neck of the woods and I just loved this sentiment for all of the new lives getting ready to join ours and all of the fun we're going to have raising these little ones!  :)  I started off with a couple of baby-themed papers and a journaling spot and stamped a couple of images from the set onto the blue paper and embossed them with clear powder.  I stamped the journaling spot with the sentiment and large anchor and finished the card with a few coordinating vintage buttons.  I've only shown you a tiny fraction of what you'll get in this huge set!
For my final project, I used "Tying the Knot" to make this cute card.  I stamped the big knotty heart and sentiment onto some patterned paper and finished the card with some chipboard flowers and some stick pins.

I hope you're loving what you're seeing today - I know the DT is excited to share these projects with you!  Here are links to the other DT previewing today - 
Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Edna Morrisedie
Iwona Palamountain
Jean Martin
Jeanne Jachna
Jen Cuthbertson
Jennifer Holmes
Julia Aston
Karin Åkesdotter
Kelly Schirmer
Kim Duran
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Renee Lynch
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan



Thanks so much for visiting today and I'll see you back here tomorrow for something a bit more flowery...  :)

Card 1 Supplies:  Stamps (WMS), Cardstock (The Kraft Outlet), DP (Studio Calico), Ink - Craft White, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Tea Dye Duo (PTI), Twine (PTI), Distressing Tool (Making Memories)

Card 2 Supplies: Stamps (WMS), DP - Boy Blue collection (Crate Paper), Cardstock/Ink - Night of Navy (SU!), Vintage Buttons

Card 3 Supplies: Stamps (WMS), DP/Embellishments - Bo Peep collection (Crate Paper), Ink - Regal Rose (SU!), Stick Pins/Seam Binding (my stash), Cardstock - Select White (PTI)

7 comments:

  1. Very creative designs Jen! love the background on your nautical card - and the way you used these stamps for baby and friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so Gorgeous, Jen!! Three different looks, and beautiful designs. Love the cute journal card with the little ducks on your second card. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! How cool! I love the "all the places you will go" for baby! How clever! The first is so masculine - the distressed edges are wonderful, and swoon - the pink is so romantic! Nice way to show off how versatile these sets are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all fab - love the use of colour in each of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're all fabulous, Jen...
    LOVE the baby best though...
    how adorably precious!
    And wait!
    How many are joining you...
    I knew of one...
    how many do you have cooking? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen all of your cards are fantastic, I love the baby card and the pink--so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these cards are just super. My favourite is the fun take on the Oh the places you will go sentiment - I would never have thought of this. It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design